The Bayou Gardener
October 21, 2014, 02:31:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 PT KEULAVATOR FRAME  (Read 3030 times)
linhawk
A Gardener

« on: March 04, 2011, 07:54:05 AM »

http://www.agrisupply.com/3ptkvf-3-pt-keulavator-frame/p/51946/c2p/hp/

I gave my Dad one of the these for Christmas. It has the 16" hiller disks and really did a good job on my heavy clay soil. I see other setups that have two sets of disks. I was wondering if I could install another set of discs on this frame. Do you all think that would move more dirt?

NE-Texas
 W Central-TX Farm

Kubota M4700
Kubota M8200
1sarge
Grasshopper

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 06:12:18 PM »

The shanks attach by using the IH clamps like the ones used on the IH cultivators. Agri-Supply also sells them too for around $10 each.

Located in North East MS. L2550 Kubota, Ford 8N, Farmall Cub and a bunch of equipment to hook to them.
bamadoug
Top Gun

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 09:32:43 AM »

Linhawk, I bought one about a month ago. Haven't had a chance to use it much, but, so far, very satisfied. It is very strong and easy to adjust the disc settings. I have two 16 inch hiller disc and they really throw the dirt. I may try a second set of disc next year. The only advantage would be not having to make a second pass after widening the disc settings if you want a wider row bed.

The space in the middle doesnt really help since the tractor clearance (bottom) contacts the plants before the hiller.

Good luck, Doug

Southeast Alabama (Daleville), Zone 8A
MF 240,Ford Disk, Countyline Cultivator, Keulavator w/hillers attached, Countyline Middlebuster, Earthway Planter, Howse Rotary Cutter, Howse bottom plow, BushHog Box Blade, Howse Landscape Rake, 3 pt CarryAll with 50 gal water tank, 3 pt slip scoop
linhawk
A Gardener

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 01:27:40 PM »

My Dad tried it out this morning at his W. Central Arkansas garden. He was happy with the results.

NE-Texas
 W Central-TX Farm

Kubota M4700
Kubota M8200
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: