The Bayou Gardener
July 22, 2014, 02:23:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mhpgardener found my care package  (Read 1961 times)
sirhc62
Master Gardener

« on: February 28, 2011, 08:16:47 PM »

Bobby, I found out why the package was not delivered. The mail lady said she was not going to drive all morning with the smell of fresh tomatoes in her car. I think she is just lazy but whatever I got them and had to make a few more burgers tonight to go with them. Thanks for the care package and your efforts this past winter has shown. I have had store bought for so long it was a real treat.

Thanks
Chris

Zone 7b
Click for Oneonta, Alabama Forecast" height="90" width="160
Anyone can drive a tractor but it's no fun plowing without your hoe.
mhpgardener
Top Gun

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 08:27:44 PM »

You're welcome, just figured with all you were dealing with that you could use a little diversion.

And your mail lady? She oughta be fired. She gets paid to deliver packages, period. They didn't have a problem accepting my money for the postage. But, they got there and thats what matters most.

It is one thing to earn the money to put food on the table, it is yet another to produce the food itself.
Southern Virginia
http://www.youtube.com/user/mhpgardener
sirhc62
Master Gardener

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 09:05:46 PM »

While I was there I did make a complaint to the post master. If she has a package and does deliver it she'll stay in her car and honk till I go outside. Then she says there's a box on the back seat for you. Now I could understand that if I had some dogs and she was afraid to get out. The mail is not what it use to be thats for sure. Thanks again it did make for a good diversion.

Chris

Zone 7b
Click for Oneonta, Alabama Forecast" height="90" width="160
Anyone can drive a tractor but it's no fun plowing without your hoe.
aebsmithcreek
Top Gun

after the circus

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 07:19:23 AM »

yeah Chris, like in every other aspect of life common sense is a un common virtue. there's rumors the nearest post office to me is goin on the choppin block and i caint say i'm sorry for em, the service is awful and the hours are worse. it's gonna be a night mare for me cause i'll probably have my address changed to another town i dont live in but the sad part is they will probably place the post mistress in the other post office so she can pull it down as well. thats why when i order online i specify ups or fed ex.

earl

From a farming family but not a farmer trying to learn now so it can be passed on to my grandsons so they can see what fed our family as far back as I can trace. My wife Michelle and I live in a small rural community of maybe 30 households called smithcreek our only child a daughter Terri lives about a mile away with her husband who is a bee keeper. We have a JD 5105 4wd a 16" double bottom , 5'harrow covington 1 row planter 1 very old bush hog & 1 fairly new bush hog a boom pole & a push plow and plenty of shovels ,rakes,and hoes , and with the exception of the rakes , hoes shovel and push plow we are hoping to know how to use them by this time next year .SMITHCREEK COMMUNITY OF N.W. FLA/APALACHICOLA NAT'L FOREST- GOD'S COUNTRTY!!
bigboberta
Top Gun

Happy Gardening

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 08:43:53 AM »

The guy who regularly delivers our mail is pretty good, if he has a package and we are not home, he will drive up to the house and put the package on the porch with a yellow slip in the mail box saying there is a package on the porch.

There is a woman who sometimes delivers who sounds like the woman you described, when she has a package, she will blow the horn and sit in the car until you come out to get it and if you do not come out, you will find a yellow slip in the box saying the package is at the post office for pickup. 

Bob

Greensburg (Easleyville) St. Helena Parish, LA
2 1/2 Acres

Zone 8a or 8b now.
Retired Firefighter

1952 35 HP Gas Allis Chalmer  WD ,    2008 Mahindra 3525 35 HP Diesel, 
2011 Land Master LM 400 Utility Vehicle,  John Deere 42" Riding Lawn Mower, 50" Exmark Zero Turn Mower, Woods RD60 5' Finish Mower.

Stevens Garden Package,  Stevens Deluxe Row Hippers, County Line Middle Buster, 6 1/2' United Tandem Disc Harrow , United Dirt scoop 30", 6' County Line Tiller.

Earthway 1001-b Precision Seeder with 1500 side dress attachment,  Hatfield Planter, Hoss Wheeled Hoe and Planter. Stand n Plant Seeder, Stand n Plant Planter.
Sheila
Master Gardener

Retired

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 09:44:49 AM »

I had the best letter carrier in the country, then I moved onto my property! I live in a private community, and have NO MAIL at all!

I have to use the post office, and if you HAVE to do that, it's a nightmare! No postage to PO Boxes when ordering online, No postage to PO Boxes in almost every situation. Even my bank has to have both addresses, and try to get them to send it to the PO Box address! what a joke. My home address is not even listed other than a lot space. If I use it, the post office has no idea where it is.

Good thing my post office knows the problems we all have, they save everything, and hold it for me, if I get a package there by mistake.

I have to beg to get things sent to my PO Box, or I have go with UPS or Fed Ex. which cost a lot more in some cases.

By the way, postmen are actually Letter Carriers. That's their official names. I used to pay their medical claims when I worked in D.C., a million years ago.

Southern Maryland, Amish country.
Zone 7A
reartinetiller
Top Gun

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 04:33:40 PM »

I got the best mail lady in the USA!  If I'm not home, usually vistiting by brother or neighbors, and there is a package that needs signing, she will track me down cause she knows my jeep!  About three years ago on Christmas Eve she drove up with a package after her hours and said this came to the post office after I started my delivery and I thought it might be a Chrismas gift.  It was.  Well lets say we pamper her too by leaving all kinds of produce hanging from the mailbox!  I think goodness works both ways.  Roy

Cub Cadet GT1554, Troy Bilt reartine tiller, Troy Bilt two cyle tiller, Earthway planter, Brush mower,two dogs and a lovely wife with a hoe who knows how to use it.

Central Illinois Zone 5
tuttimato
Top Gun

Zone 8b

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 05:05:43 PM »

I've got a great mail carrier and his substitute.  I surprised them by writing a letter to the Postmaster bragging on their excellent service.  They both really appreciated it.

MS Coast
docwaldo
A Gardener

Bossier City, Louisiana

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 06:57:33 PM »

By the way, postmen are actually Letter Carriers. That's their official names.

i hate this political correctness.  LOL

i still call them a MAILMAN!!

If you think education is expensive, you should try ignorance!!

cub cadet 350R
john deere z trac mower
hoe, shovel and rake

two daughters for cheap labor
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: