The Bayou Gardener
October 02, 2014, 05:26:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hipper/bedder/furrower?  (Read 2654 times)
crazygardener
Top Gun

« on: January 08, 2011, 09:40:48 AM »

http://www.everythingattachments.com/Tractor-3-Point-Hitch-Garden-Bedder-48-GB50-p/eta-bedder-50-gb50.htm

I saw this and thought it was just really cool.  I know it is like what Donald does with his hippers, and then his middle buster.

Can you buy a bar?  tool bar?  for a 3 point, and attack your own disc's?  This one just has two.  Would it be cheaper.....more expensive? 

If'll you notice this one is like $400

It just seems like to me if you had the bar, just buy the two dics, and away ya go...course it could be more expensive to do it that way.

And by the way Donald.....that receive hitch you made is just way too cool.

crazy

Swampfarmer
Top Gun

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 09:53:27 AM »

I noticed the one in the ad was built from angle iron.  The one in the video was square stock.  I would only buy the square stock.  I have a row hipper from Stevens Tractor with 6 disks.  Not only are they adjustable up and down, sideways, but also angle adjustable.  I think it's the only way to go.  I did not buy the middle buster yet, but it's next on my list.

Ralph

I live on 20 acres in the Florida Big Bend, zone 8b.
Equipment: Yanmar 2010 diesel, Stevens Row Hippers, John Deere model 71 planter, Earthway planter, plow, box blade, bush hog, landscape rake, Yanmar tiller but too rocky to use it well, couple of 1960s gravely walk behinds
crazygardener
Top Gun

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 10:16:40 AM »

Of course this is something that is way out of my financial league right now, but I am always thinking, and figuring, and planning.  Now that I am beginning to understand the basics of the back end of the tractor, I am understanding the things I have seen you guys do in your videos.  So I watch craig's list, but nothing cool like hippers or middle busters come along.

I have seen implements with three turning plows/ or two, and great big huge discs for large farming, and cultivators that are waaaaay to big for like an acre or two garden.  None of the small stuff.  But at least I am beginning to know what I a looking at.

I appreciate all the input
crazy

crazygardener
Top Gun

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 10:35:23 AM »

@KDKinMo.....definitely food for thought.  Very interesting.  Where is Stephens Tractor?  I thought maybe they were just in Louisiana.

But I am definitely seeing some different things that I like about one piece of equipment vs. another.  Really interesting info.

Of course Weatherford Texas does have some tractor equipment places....but I can't find what I want on line from them.  I didn't just wanna go in window shopping with a 7 yr old in two, asking questions...if you don't know exactly what your are wanting to know....I know they roll their eyes and wanna walk away.  I prefer to window shop from a cataloge or on line, then when I can actually get something, I know what I want and where to go.

Can't buy any equipment now, but trying to figure out what I can do with what I have.  thanks for the info.

crazy
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 03:16:46 AM by crazygardener » Logged

bigboberta
Top Gun

Happy Gardening

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 12:29:28 PM »

@KDKinMo.....definitely food for thought.  Very interesting.  Where is Stephens Tractor?  I thought maybe they were just in Louisiana.

crazy

They are in Coushatta, LA, about 40 miles Southeast of Bossier City, LA.  Other  dealers people carry their products, you could call them and see if anyone near you carries them.  I had a dealer who was 20 miles that carried their products, but they closed after the owner died, so I drove 250 miles to pick up my hippers from them and they told me that a new dealer about 40 miles from me would start handling them.

Bob

Greensburg (Easleyville) St. Helena Parish, LA
2 1/2 Acres

Zone 8a or 8b now.
Retired Firefighter

1952 35 HP Gas Allis Chalmer  WD ,    2008 Mahindra 3525 35 HP Diesel, 
2011 Land Master LM 400 Utility Vehicle,  John Deere 42" Riding Lawn Mower, 50" Exmark Zero Turn Mower, Woods RD60 5' Finish Mower.

Stevens Garden Package,  Stevens Deluxe Row Hippers, County Line Middle Buster, 6 1/2' United Tandem Disc Harrow , United Dirt scoop 30", 6' County Line Tiller.

Earthway 1001-b Precision Seeder with 1500 side dress attachment,  Hatfield Planter, Hoss Wheeled Hoe and Planter. Stand n Plant Seeder, Stand n Plant Planter.
bigboberta
Top Gun

Happy Gardening

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 04:53:52 PM »

The Deluxe Row Hippers are on a 2 1/2 " tool bar.  My tractor (Mahindra 3525) the tire centers are 60" on center or 72" outside to outside.  It comes with a single bar 60" wide.  With the Hippers adjusted all the way out, it takes dirt from the outside of my tires.  Not sure how wide the finished row is, will measure tomorrow, but it is a wide row.  I do not adjust them all the way out to the end of the bar, but about 3" to the center of the end to equal the outside of the tire.  If you are planning on adding something similar  to the row builder that you showed, you would have to have a double bar.  I flatten my rows after by dragging a screen.

Bob

Greensburg (Easleyville) St. Helena Parish, LA
2 1/2 Acres

Zone 8a or 8b now.
Retired Firefighter

1952 35 HP Gas Allis Chalmer  WD ,    2008 Mahindra 3525 35 HP Diesel, 
2011 Land Master LM 400 Utility Vehicle,  John Deere 42" Riding Lawn Mower, 50" Exmark Zero Turn Mower, Woods RD60 5' Finish Mower.

Stevens Garden Package,  Stevens Deluxe Row Hippers, County Line Middle Buster, 6 1/2' United Tandem Disc Harrow , United Dirt scoop 30", 6' County Line Tiller.

Earthway 1001-b Precision Seeder with 1500 side dress attachment,  Hatfield Planter, Hoss Wheeled Hoe and Planter. Stand n Plant Seeder, Stand n Plant Planter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: