The Bayou Gardener
November 27, 2014, 10:27:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pallet & Recycled material Chicken Coop (PICS)  (Read 1802 times)
Boggy
Top Gun

« on: December 14, 2010, 06:16:04 AM »

Well, after getting the garden "laid by" till spring, I HAD to find something else to occupy my mind. So, after Babygirl said she wanted me to get some more chickens, I put the old brain cells to work.

Had a lot of old pallets, window sashes, wire and treated fence boards, accumilated.....so I went to work. The total out of pocket expense for the coop was less than $10 and for the whole project the cost was less than $70 (Pressure treated fence post, used and usable, are hard to come by).Constuction time.......5 days.

NOW, I gotta find something else to occupy my mind.....maybe a pallet greenhouse or window sash coldframes.

In the VERY southeast corner of the backwards state of Alabama
"Pretended holiness is merely double wickedness".....Thomas Watson
Misplaced Texan
Top Gun

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 06:43:11 AM »

Hi, Boggy,

That is a very cute chicken house.  Show Baby Girl the site www.feathersite.com and see what kind of chickens she picks to be the new residents!  Their photos are great but the site is a little awkward to get around in.  Once you find the pictures it is a breeze.

Gail

North West Louisiana
SE of Shreveport Bossier City
Zone 8A
Boggy
Top Gun

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 06:56:17 AM »

Hi, Boggy,

That is a very cute chicken house.  Show Baby Girl the site www.feathersite.com and see what kind of chickens she picks to be the new residents!  Their photos are great but the site is a little awkward to get around in.  Once you find the pictures it is a breeze.

Gail

Thanks, Gail.....Kool site. Put a shortcut to it on my desktop. Have decided on the hens, already. Gonna have Dominiques (brown eggers and dual purpose). Babygirl's teacher, from school, has given her a half grown roo. It's a cross between an Ameraucana and an EE (supposedly).

« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 09:08:48 AM by Boggy » Logged

In the VERY southeast corner of the backwards state of Alabama
"Pretended holiness is merely double wickedness".....Thomas Watson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: