Author Topic: The Sunflower Story  (Read 297 times)

Offline whiskydog

• Global Moderator
  • Grasshopper
  • Dallas Ga.
    • View Profile
The Sunflower Story
« on: April 11, 2018, 08:15:55 AM »
Just thinking this morning about things, and I remembered a fellow who once asked me about cover crops. I've grow a few different types and he wanted to know what were the ones I liked the most.
I told him of clovers and their benefits, sunn hemp the advantage and draw backs of it, but the one he liked the most was the sunflower story..

I planted a whole field full of sunflowers and when they bloomed it was a sight to see.  It was close to the road and passer bys would slow down to look..  One day a car pulled up in the drive and a gal stopped to ask if they could walk out in the field among the flowers, I figured they wanted to pick a few and gave them my blessing to do so, then went on with my business..
I noticed as the car turned around the tag was from California, unusual to see a car that far away this far in the country.. I didn't think much about it at the time..

About a week later a cousin of mine stopped to visit and asked who were the gals out in the field he saw last week.  I told him just a couple of gals who wanted to pick a few sunflowers..
He said did you notice them running around in the field topless?  Taking pictures?  Well no I hadn't.. He said he wasn't the only one to notice and the neighborhood was talking about it.. and curious who they were..

Well to make a long story short the fellow decided to plant sunflowers..
If I'm not having problems,, I'm not doing it right..

Zone 7 Northwest Ga.

Offline Rabbitproof

• Sprout
  • Foothills of the Smokey Mtns-heaven on earth
    • View Profile
Re: The Sunflower Story
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 09:03:05 AM »
LOL----Flower Power girls from Kooksville, USA....bet that was sight to see in Ga!!!!

Offline Tazzy Turfer

• Grasshopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 06:44:08 AM »
G'day Mr  Whiskydog,
Kind of makes me think it may have been an uncover crop,LOL.
  Regards Pete
Life is like a roll of toilet paper, The closer you get to the end the faster it goes, So don't waste any of it!!

Offline whiskydog

• Global Moderator
  • Grasshopper
  • Dallas Ga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 09:24:09 AM »
LOL good one Pete
If I'm not having problems,, I'm not doing it right..

Zone 7 Northwest Ga.

Online crazyhorse

• Sprout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 01:33:10 AM »
Mr Whisky, that was a good one, thanks. ;D