The Bayou Gardener
December 19, 2014, 04:54:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting rid of Stink bugs  (Read 3708 times)
kirt
A Gardener

« on: June 11, 2010, 05:40:16 AM »

My tomatoe plants are infested with Stink bugs. 
 Do you think seven dust will kill them?
grnhrn
Top Gun

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 05:41:23 AM »

I had to do that Monday, seemed to work so far.  I used the powder, seemed to work a little better than the liquid did.

"If one moves confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavours to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. Henry David Thoreau
reartinetiller
Top Gun

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 03:43:12 PM »

I like the liquid seven better than the dust.  I workes better for me and I don't like fighting the wind when you use the dust.  Roy

Cub Cadet GT1554, Troy Bilt reartine tiller, Troy Bilt two cyle tiller, Earthway planter, Brush mower,two dogs and a lovely wife with a hoe who knows how to use it.

Central Illinois Zone 5
thebayougardener
Administrator
Top Gun

"Keep it Simple" Less is More

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 08:36:13 PM »

I'm hooked on the Liquid Sevin also, a lot easier then trying to dust with all the wind we've be having.

Donald

Retired and loving it.  Didn't know life could be so good.

Donald (The Bayou Gardener) (WebCajun) Lives on a Louisiana Bayou
Kubota L3240 (32 HP 4WD) - King Kutter II 5 ft. Tiller - Row Hippers - Middle Buster - Rolling Cultivator - Reg and Box Blades - Woods 5 ft. Finishing Mower - Covington Planter - Hoss Planter - EarthWay Planter - Hatfield Transplanter

The Bayou Gardener:    http://www.thebayougardener.com
kirt
A Gardener

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 05:56:59 PM »

I mixed up a batch of liquid 7 and looks to have knocked out the stink bugs now my maters will have a chance.
MrNix
A Gardener

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 07:13:09 PM »

I've sprayed several times, but am unsuccessful.  I do lie near sugar cane fields and am wondering if that's their location.  I'm about to wack all the tomatoes down as they are looking pretty pitiful at this point. The good news is the Watermelons and cantaloupes look and taste great.
thebayougardener
Administrator
Top Gun

"Keep it Simple" Less is More

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 05:09:20 AM »

I'm having a good year with Cantaloupe too.  Had a few that split after the last rain but they're still good.  Picked one 6 lbs. 10 oz.

Donald

Retired and loving it.  Didn't know life could be so good.

Donald (The Bayou Gardener) (WebCajun) Lives on a Louisiana Bayou
Kubota L3240 (32 HP 4WD) - King Kutter II 5 ft. Tiller - Row Hippers - Middle Buster - Rolling Cultivator - Reg and Box Blades - Woods 5 ft. Finishing Mower - Covington Planter - Hoss Planter - EarthWay Planter - Hatfield Transplanter

The Bayou Gardener:    http://www.thebayougardener.com
mike
Top Gun

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 06:20:06 AM »

If you are looking for something organic, try Pyrethrim. It will kill stink bugs on contact not sure how long it last if you spray your plants. Whenever you see one just pull out your spray and the stink bug will be history. The only thing I found organic that seem to work.

Mike

Mike
Gramercy, La

Retired
Square Foot Gardening, Starting to do more Organic

Gardening, Tools: Hoe, Shovel, Rake. Crops: Tomatoes, Okra, Bell Pepper, Corn, Summer Squash, Pole Beans, Blackberry, Asparagus, Eggplant, Strawberries, Lettuce, Shallots and Mirliton. Email: mjweber54@mac.com Garden Size 20ft x 30ft
MrNix
A Gardener

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 06:41:31 PM »

Thanks Mike.  I also have leaf footed bugs all over.  I just cut over half of my tomato plants down today as I'm tired of fighting them.  Hopefully they'll grow back and flower again.  Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: