The Bayou Gardener
December 20, 2014, 06:09:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Email I recived today. " BAD FOOD"  (Read 5050 times)
mrdoitall
Master Gardener

« on: January 13, 2014, 03:33:02 PM »

BAD FOOD

This was shown on “60 Minutes” a few weeks ago. Disgusting!

Starkist Tuna is now owned by Korea, and is in big conflict with the U.S. concerning quality, safety,and records, which Korea refuses to provide.

There have been several articles on Google about this, and even one that was defending the eating of tilapia said to avoid the fish that came from China .

Also, I had just returned home from buying Albertson's 4-day special of 4 bags of frozen tilapia for the price of one.  Sure enough, on the top of the bags,

it read "farm raised", and on the bottom in small print it said, " China ".

read all the way down...

Recently a Food inspector on TV said he had lived overseas and he had seen the filthy conditions their foods are raised and processed in.

It is enough to make you throw up.  Some foreign workers have to wear masks as they work in these places, because the food is so rotten and filthy, it makes them want to throw up.  Many of their Fish on Fish Farms are fed Raw sewage daily.  He said he has seen so much filth throughout their food growing and processing that he would "never" eat any of it.  They raise this filth , put some food coloring and some flavorings on it, then they ship it to the USA & Canada for YOU to consume and feed to YOUR families.  They have no Food & Safety Inspectors. They ship it to you to buy and poison your families and friends.

Imported food we eat and the junk we buy

Green Giant frozen vegetables are from China , and so are most of Europe 's Best.

Arctic Gardens are Okay.  So is Birdseye.

Never buy the grocery store garlic unless it is clearly marked from USA or Canada , the other stuff is grown in people poop (even worse than chicken poop).

China is the largest producer of garlic in the world U.S. is next.

Buy only local honey, much honey is shipped in huge containers from China and re-packed here.

Cold-FX is grown and packed in China and is full of fecal bacteria.  Doesn't work anyway, big scam.

If the country of origin is not clearly marked beware.

If produce, ask an employee.

Watch out for packages which state "prepared for", "packed by" or "imported by".  I don't understand the lack of mandatory labeling, especially the produce.

The country of origin should be clearly shown on the item in the store.  I go to the local farmers' markets in season and keep a wary eye open the rest of the year.

Please read this very carefully, and read to the very bottom.  It's important for all of us.

How is it possible to ship food from China cheaper than having it produced in the U.S. or Canada ?

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA '.

SO, FOR A FEW MORE CENTS, BUY THE LIBERTY BRAND.

GOLD BRAND OR THE DOLE IS FROM CALIFORNIA

Beware, Costco sells canned peaches and pears in a plastic jar that come from China .

ALL "HIGH LINER" AND MOST OTHER FROZEN FISH PRODUCTS COME FROM CHINA OR INDONESIA .

THE PACKAGE MAY SAY "PACIFIC SALMON" ON THE FRONT, BUT LOOK FOR THE SMALL PRINT.

MOST OF THESE PRODUCTS COME FROM FISH FARMS IN THE ORIENT WHERE THERE ARE

NO REGULATIONS ON WHAT IS FED TO THESE FISH.

Recently The Montreal Gazette had an article by the Canadian Government on how Chinese feed the fish:

They suspend chicken wire crates over the fish ponds, and the fish feed on chicken s--t.

If you search the internet about what the Chinese feed their fish, you'll be alarmed; e.g., growth hormones, expired anti-biotic from humans.

Never buy any type of fish or shellfish that comes from these countries: Vietnam , China , Philippines .

Check this out personally.  I did.  Steinfeld's Pickles are made in India - just as bad!

Another example is in canned mushrooms.  No-Name brand came from Indonesia .

Also check those little fruit cups.  They used to be made in Canada in the Niagara region until about 2 years ago.  They are now packaged in China !

While the Chinese export inferior and even toxic products, dangerous toys, and goods to be sold in North American markets, the media wrings its hands!

Yet, 70% of North Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended!

Well, duh! Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges?

SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF, CANADA AND THE U.S. !

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product, or none at all.  You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

THINK ABOUT THIS:

If 200 million North Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor... fast!

The downside?  Some Canadian/American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory.

Just one month of trading losses will hit the Chinese for 8% of their North American exports.

Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness are worth it.

START NOW and don't stop.

Send this to everybody you know.  Let's show them that we are intelligent, and NOBODY can take us for granted.

North Alabama
Zone 7
reartinetiller
Top Gun

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 04:50:05 PM »

Yuk!   Shocked Shocked Shocked Roy

Cub Cadet GT1554, Troy Bilt reartine tiller, Troy Bilt two cyle tiller, Earthway planter, Brush mower,two dogs and a lovely wife with a hoe who knows how to use it.

Central Illinois Zone 5
purplehullpaul
Top Gun

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 04:54:18 PM »

I've seen TV shows on how fish are raised in China.  They crowd them into muddy pits and dump some type of chemical that keeps them alive - that chemical was outlawed here years ago.  I NEVER buy food from China.  If I eat it - it's purely accidental. 

Zone 8b
ashlogcreek
Top Gun

Ashlogcreek@aol.com

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 06:10:22 PM »

The stupid part is...........The food raised in the USA is shipped overseas, and the overseas food is shipped HERE......lol........They get the good stuff, and we get the crap......This is your USDA in action.

Zone 8-A  LS R3039w/fel, Prefert 5.5' combo disk, United 5.5' box blade, Tru Flo seed/fert. spreader, middlebuster, assorted walk behind equip.
tuttimato
Top Gun

Zone 8b

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 06:32:49 PM »

I've got to have my bananas and pineapple but I try to avoid foreign food except from Canada and northern Europe.  There may not be anything wrong with some of it but I don't need it badly enough to take chances.  The same goes for a lot of American products which may be safe but I don't like their methods, marketing lies and they will use the cheapest ingredients they can get away with.  I always trusted Green Giant and just happened to see China on a can of mushrooms at least 10 years ago.  That was the end of that.  Jam is another one to watch since they like to say "reconstituted dehydrated apricots" or whatever and the next one is high fructose corn syrup from GMO corn but they leave off the GMO part.  Apple juice is another that mostly comes from China. To hell with them all. 

If I had my way, food would be mostly a local thing for everybody.  With all the research, breeding and modern technology I just don't believe we need to import a lot of our food. 

I've given up tuna, salmon and fake crab due to the Fukushima disaster.  That's a problem that grows worse every day and the end isn't in sight.

MS Coast
Monroe
Top Gun

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 07:15:53 PM »

It was raining the night in1972 that Air Force One landed at Andrews Field. I knew that our President was returning from China with an important message for us. Air Force One rolled on into the hanger because of the rain and held the news conference there. I felt a great since of pride because of this historic moment for our country. The announcement of Free Trade between The United States and China was made. I don't believe anyone at that moment in time including myself and our President would ever have believed how that trip would have changed things to be where we are today. I have not written this to be political or controversial for I feel neither. I saw and remember that night and remember the pride I felt at that moment.......Monroe

15 acres in Tx. zone 8A B2400 Kubota W/FEL, 5ft bush hog tiller, 5ft bush hog finish mower, middle buster, cultivator, 5ft rear blade 5hp wizard tiller, 2cy tiller,1940 B Allis w/ cultivator and planter, 51 WD Allis 1939 B Allis and 9N Ford waiting for restoration.
rcs1
Master Gardener

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 08:12:55 PM »

don't you get it big money is going to kill the American people and take over Japan said they would never attack the USA again but they sure are comming in the back door and so are the chinese with bad food and lead painted toys

Blue Ridge Hillbilly
Master Gardener

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 10:06:45 PM »

what About Aldi's?The only thing they put on their food packages is the location of their home office. We know that everything in their store is not made at the home office? I would like to know if anyone here knows?
tuttimato
Top Gun

Zone 8b

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 11:47:57 PM »

Hillbilly after reading your post, I spent a good 20 minutes googling and reading because I also would like to know specifically what the laws are about "country of origin" labels.  I don't know any more now than I did before.  I looked at several FDA and USDA sites which were gibberish.  They just redirect repeatedly to ever more sites. There are firms offering the service of filing all the proper paperwork and getting licensed to import because it appears to be a monstrously complicated process.  My conclusion is that much of their work is the modern equivalent of shuffling papers.  I don't mean to denigrate everything they do but they are truly out of control and of questionable effectiveness for the stated mission.

While I never found specifics, I got the impression that the rules are entirely different for importing consumer ready packaging and importing bulk containers for repackaging or as ingredients in processed foods.  I think I'll just operate on the theory that I'm on my own.

MS Coast
crazyhorse
Top Gun

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 01:07:12 AM »

what About Aldi's?The only thing they put on their food packages is the location of their home office. We know that everything in their store is not made at the home office? I would like to know if anyone here knows?

Mr Hillbilly, when I look on a package , I look for the words "grown in the U.S.A."  or something that says close to that.

I think if it is grown or made in the U.S.A. that the manufacturer will make SURE it is visible.
If I see "packed in U.S.A." or something similar, I just assume it is imported and leave it.
I like canned sliced pineapple, bananas, mandarin oranges, but have hard time finding U.S.A. grown.

Mr Doitall,This is a good post.
Thank you for posting it.

My wife & I started years ago trying to buy ONLY U.S.A.
Some times we may have to buy imported but not much.

JOHN 3:16,17,18

Produce
Conserve
Play square

Eat to live.
Your life depends on it.

Mud between my toes,
better than dust up my nose.

Happy gardening everyone.
tuttimato
Top Gun

Zone 8b

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 02:26:43 AM »

This is off topic but some of you might be interested.  As usual, Monsanto prevailed at the Supreme Court today.

http://rt.com/usa/monsanto-patents-sue-farmers-547/

MS Coast
Grinder
Grasshopper

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 10:08:59 AM »

Just goes to show....

We do not need the US government to do anything for us, less government would be better.

J T Grinder

1975 FarmallCub Tractor, 1984 TroyBilt Horse tiller, Hoss wheel hoe, Hoss Seed Planter, Hoss Attachments, Cub disc plow , Cub Disc
rcs1
Master Gardener

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 10:11:44 AM »

grinder i agree but then we would have to pay them unemployment benies
southernstyle
Top Gun

I'm Seasoned!

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 12:11:35 PM »

grinder i agree but then we would have to pay them unemployment benies

They would only get state benefits for the standard # of weeks with no federal extension because there would not be a federal dept. of labor.

It has been 7 months since I filed with them to get my overtime from the last outfit I worked for that flat out refused to pay time and a half.

But back to the food importation thing, I think nixon knew exactly what he was doing. He's the idiot that took us off of the gold standard and created a fiat currency which only made china stronger.

All of the restaurants I have worked at use China farm raised tilapia and shrimp. The tilapia tastes like mud/sludge and sometimes the shrimp is so strong with iodine that they are still inedible after cooking. I've had to throw out pounds of the stuff because after thawing it out it stunk up the whole prep kitchen and had my job threatened because I refused to sell the stuff.

I've said this many times and still nothing changes, We are more than capable of producing our own food. It is an insult and a shame to american farmers and fisherman to be buying this garbage from halfway around the world. I never thought I'd see the day when most of the food at the supermarket was being imported. It just makes no since at all, because of this we are becoming less self reliant, american farmers and fisherman are going under and the PRC is laughing all the way to the bank.

My standpoint is simple, Even if the product is good we are importing WAY-WAY more than we are exporting and it is killing us.

-SS-

Monroe
Top Gun

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 01:01:32 PM »

I will rapidly admit that my hindsight is better than a perfect 20-20 as I have seen all this unfolding. Since that night in 1972 my IQ on many matters has improved. I was 36 years old and should have known better. Shame on me for not seeing this far into the future. This problem didn't just happen over night and I wish now people my age and myself would have spoken out with the passion of today. We could have let corporations and political figures know our support wouldn't be in their direction from the very beginning. My son will be 58 next month and had what we all thought would be his full career but it was shipped out. Fortunately with his experience from ground floor level in wireless communication he has been with a company now since 04 that is going strong and loves America. As far as food goes I set out American made onions today and I'm going to skip planting any Chinese Cabbage.......Monroe 

15 acres in Tx. zone 8A B2400 Kubota W/FEL, 5ft bush hog tiller, 5ft bush hog finish mower, middle buster, cultivator, 5ft rear blade 5hp wizard tiller, 2cy tiller,1940 B Allis w/ cultivator and planter, 51 WD Allis 1939 B Allis and 9N Ford waiting for restoration.
rcs1
Master Gardener

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 05:05:05 PM »

On the news tonight japan now owens makers mark and jim beans bourbon there buying everything
Charlie
A Gardener

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 06:10:20 PM »

Until someone outlaws foreign ownership of American companies, property or businesses, it will continue. Everything has a price and the typical business person is not in this for American pride, but for profit. And, the foreigner have more money than they can spend, and we can't seem to say no to outsiders.

Charlie

Northeast Arkansas
tbird
Global Moderator
Top Gun

Merry Chrithmuth!

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 06:13:00 PM »

But back to the food importation thing, I think nixon knew exactly what he was doing. He's the idiot that took us off of the gold standard and created a fiat currency which only made china stronger.

FDR, Eisenhower, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama did or do exactly what they were/are told to do.  Kennedy wanted to do things a bit different and issue our own (Non-FED) money.  So did McKinley and Teddy Roosevelt.  Reagan balked at bank de-regulation.  These people all have one thing in common.  Assassination or attempted assassination.  Lincoln?  He wanted to prevent "Reconstruction" which was stripping the South of it's wealth at gun point to enrich Boston and New York bankers.

Please never make the mistake of thinking the president does what he thinks or what he wants.  He may believe in some things he is told to do,  but he is not the source of the action.  Once you see this you will understand better who runs this western world and how they do it.   Wink

Barking Dog Farm

18.25 Acres in Central West Louisiana | USDA Zone 8a

Isaiah 66:22, 23, 24

Many, LA

Enough Farm Equipment to Run a Small Farm!

Click for weather forecast
tuttimato
Top Gun

Zone 8b

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 07:24:35 PM »

I will rapidly admit that my hindsight is better than a perfect 20-20 as I have seen all this unfolding. Since that night in 1972 my IQ on many matters has improved. I was 36 years old and should have known better. Shame on me for not seeing this far into the future. This problem didn't just happen over night and I wish now people my age and myself would have spoken out with the passion of today. 

There are many things we shoulda, coulda, woulda seen coming if we'd all had crystal balls and the internet.  The younger generations blame us for running things into the ditch but I wonder what will be their excuse when one day they realize they were manipulated and indoctrinated just as we were, only worse.  When we were young we believed the corporates were all nice guys bringing good things to life and the politicians were solid citizens wanting to serve the public good.  They weren't nearly as blatantly crooked and lawless as they are now so we were allowed to prosper along with them.

The truth is that we were the only industrial power left standing after WWII.  We couldn't help but prosper.  The Brits were losing control of their empire and the way was clear for us to slide into first place.  London and New york are the centers of the financial universe.  So they got the Saudis to agree to only sell oil in exchange for dollars and we would protect them militarily.  It didn't take long for the majority of international trade to switch to using dollars instead of British pounds.  This allowed our treasury to borrow as much as it wanted since the world was clamoring for dollars.  It supported our consumer lifestyle and both our individual and sovereign debt until it all went sour.  We fight wars to make sure we protect the dollar's supremacy.  Nothing lasts forever and now we're in transition to something else.

It doesn't matter if it's the food supply, housing, education, healthcare, wars or whatever.  It will always be about somebody's economics and its evil twin which is control.

MS Coast
Monroe
Top Gun

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 07:39:58 PM »

Thank you tuttim......Monroe

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: