The Bayou Gardener
April 24, 2014, 07:37:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Burpee's Tomato SteakHouse Hybrid  (Read 909 times)
reartinetiller
Top Gun

« on: November 12, 2013, 03:22:14 PM »

Yep there is a sucker borned every minute!  Burpee has come out with a new hybrid beefstake that is suppose to be huge.  25 seeds for $6.95!  They had better produce, cause I just ordered them.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  Roy

Cub Cadet GT1554, Troy Bilt reartine tiller, Troy Bilt two cyle tiller, Earthway planter, Brush mower,two dogs and a lovely wife with a hoe who knows how to use it.

Central Illinois Zone 5
whiskydog
Top Gun

Its Spring SomeWhere !!!

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 04:39:45 PM »

Well Roy I realized a few years back, sometimes you have to pay for the really good stuff.

Good Luck with them..

Al

WEED EATER Old Antarctic Explorer member. 8N, and 640 fords. disc, cultivators, bottom plows. Bush hog spring tooth harrow.
Ransomes T-17 front mower.

Dallas, Georgia    zone 7
crazyhorse
Top Gun

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 11:02:34 PM »

Mr Roy , if they are as good as they look in that picture, it will be worth it. Shocked

Mr Whisky , I agree, some times we have to "pay to play". Grin

JOHN 3:16,17,18

Produce
Conserve
Play square

Eat to live.
Your life depends on it.

Mud between my toes,
better than dust up my nose.

Happy gardening everyone.
mrdoitall
Master Gardener

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 03:31:33 AM »

Sometimes I think tomato seed companies just rename a tomato to sale more seed. Keep us posted on how it does for you.

North Alabama
Zone 7
tuttimato
Top Gun

Zone 8b

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 06:00:48 AM »

A few years ago Burpee came out with one called Steak Sandwich.  I remember a guy on another forum saying that with a name like that he just had to try it.  They certainly do know how to push our buttons.

MS Coast
reartinetiller
Top Gun

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 11:43:03 AM »

Yep, I can taste and feel that baby drippin down my chin as I eat that BLT this next summer!   Tongue Tongue Tongue  Roy

Cub Cadet GT1554, Troy Bilt reartine tiller, Troy Bilt two cyle tiller, Earthway planter, Brush mower,two dogs and a lovely wife with a hoe who knows how to use it.

Central Illinois Zone 5
ashlogcreek
Top Gun

Ashlogcreek@aol.com

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 08:22:24 PM »

Last year I tried 8 different types of tomatoes, and this year I tried 5 different types, and the Better Boys whip them all every time.  When the tomato covers a large slice of bread, that's good enough for me.

Zone 8-A  LS R3039w/fel, Prefert 5.5' combo disk, United 5.5' box blade, Tru Flo seed/fert. spreader, middlebuster, assorted walk behind equip.
rcs1
Master Gardener

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 11:57:24 AM »

They look good i'm mad at burpee's they had a store were i would go loved shopping there liked to brouse then they closed it no warning it was always crouded
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: