The Bayou Gardener
October 31, 2014, 06:16:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Burpee's Tomato SteakHouse Hybrid  (Read 1377 times)
reartinetiller
Top Gun

« on: November 12, 2013, 03:22:14 PM »

Yep there is a sucker borned every minute!  Burpee has come out with a new hybrid beefstake that is suppose to be huge.  25 seeds for $6.95!  They had better produce, cause I just ordered them.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  Roy

Cub Cadet GT1554, Troy Bilt reartine tiller, Troy Bilt two cyle tiller, Earthway planter, Brush mower,two dogs and a lovely wife with a hoe who knows how to use it.

Central Illinois Zone 5
whiskydog
Top Gun

Its Spring SomeWhere !!!

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 04:39:45 PM »

Well Roy I realized a few years back, sometimes you have to pay for the really good stuff.

Good Luck with them..

Al

To be a gardener, you must learn to dance to the music nature plays.  I'm doing the jerk and the monkey to a waltz right now..  Not unusual for me. 

Dallas, Georgia    zone 7
crazyhorse
Top Gun

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 11:02:34 PM »

Mr Roy , if they are as good as they look in that picture, it will be worth it. Shocked

Mr Whisky , I agree, some times we have to "pay to play". Grin

JOHN 3:16,17,18

Produce
Conserve
Play square

Eat to live.
Your life depends on it.

Mud between my toes,
better than dust up my nose.

Happy gardening everyone.
mrdoitall
Master Gardener

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 03:31:33 AM »

Sometimes I think tomato seed companies just rename a tomato to sale more seed. Keep us posted on how it does for you.

North Alabama
Zone 7
tuttimato
Top Gun

Zone 8b

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 06:00:48 AM »

A few years ago Burpee came out with one called Steak Sandwich.  I remember a guy on another forum saying that with a name like that he just had to try it.  They certainly do know how to push our buttons.

MS Coast
reartinetiller
Top Gun

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 11:43:03 AM »

Yep, I can taste and feel that baby drippin down my chin as I eat that BLT this next summer!   Tongue Tongue Tongue  Roy

Cub Cadet GT1554, Troy Bilt reartine tiller, Troy Bilt two cyle tiller, Earthway planter, Brush mower,two dogs and a lovely wife with a hoe who knows how to use it.

Central Illinois Zone 5
ashlogcreek
Top Gun

Ashlogcreek@aol.com

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 08:22:24 PM »

Last year I tried 8 different types of tomatoes, and this year I tried 5 different types, and the Better Boys whip them all every time.  When the tomato covers a large slice of bread, that's good enough for me.

Zone 8-A  LS R3039w/fel, Prefert 5.5' combo disk, United 5.5' box blade, Tru Flo seed/fert. spreader, middlebuster, assorted walk behind equip.
rcs1
Master Gardener

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 11:57:24 AM »

They look good i'm mad at burpee's they had a store were i would go loved shopping there liked to brouse then they closed it no warning it was always crouded
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: