The Bayou Gardener
April 21, 2014, 05:30:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trinidad Pimento Pepper????  (Read 884 times)
quiverful
Top Gun

I love my garden! Homeschooler/tutor. SC Zone 8a.

« on: February 22, 2012, 11:03:57 AM »

Someone asked me today about the Trinidad Pimento pepper.  They are supposed to be a mild pepper.  She got seeds from a man from the Caribbean.  He said they make plants but has had no luck making peppers.  She wants me to try to grow some. Does anyone have information on this pepper?  Could it be a hybrid?  Can hybrids make plants but no peppers?  She has about 30 seeds.  I told her how to sow them.  She's going to send me about 6 seeds so I can try to grow them.  I'm not having much luck searching the internet. 
tuttimato
Top Gun

Zone 8b

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 12:51:06 PM »

A lady in OH sent me a whole fresh pepper called Trinidad Purple Coffee.  It was a beautiful lilac color and shaped like a pepperoncini.  It was slightly warm.  I saved the seeds and they made peppers that never turned completely purple.  They stayed green with purple smudges.  They were supposed to be OP but might have been an unstable hybrid since they didn't come true.  I sent all the seeds to stryker in case they like his garden better.  They weren't any kind of pimento so probably aren't the same.  Trying out new peppers is great fun IMHO.

MS Coast
quiverful
Top Gun

I love my garden! Homeschooler/tutor. SC Zone 8a.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 01:18:16 PM »

I love trying to grow new things.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: