The Bayou Gardener
October 25, 2014, 10:06:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canning supplies on clearance at Lowes  (Read 1961 times)
andraa
Grasshopper

« on: January 03, 2012, 04:15:02 PM »

This morning ran by the Lowes in Gonzales,La. and canning stuff was on clearance. Wasn't much left but got 10 boxes of 12 lids each for .38 cents apiece, some wide mouth rings and lids for .80 cents a box of 12, fruit pectin $1.00 large bottle and a few other things. My sister ran to Lowes in Lafayette and they had picked up the last several 12 packs of pint jars for $2.35 or so each, blue ball book of canning for $1.00 along with lids and stuff. Probably cleaned out but might be worth checking your local store out if ya in the neighborhood! Smiley
davidjrtx
Top Gun

Zone 8b Willis, Tx

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 07:08:48 PM »

Thanks for the info, someone posted this last year and I went to the local lowes the next day and got some stuff, they where just marking it down when I got there...

Massey Ferguson 231, Nolt's RB-448 Mulch Layer, Countyline Tiller 6', Leinbach 60" Bedder, Earthway Seeder, Hatfield Transplanter, Countyline Middlebuster, Countyline Subsoiler, Countyline Cultivator, Rhino 60

Willis, Tx
ascension gardener

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 07:20:05 PM »

Thanks Andraa
 I live in Gonzales and need some supplies.
Will stop there tomorrow and see what is left.
Kent
Hines
Grasshopper

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 09:41:00 AM »

I just left the Baton Rouge Lowe's on Millerville Rd and I feel I hit the mother load.

3 cases of Ball Quarts (Regular lids) for $2.53 a dozen
2 cases of Ball Pints (Regular lids) for .63 a dozen.
1 Ball Blue Book for $1.05

They were not out on the floor but in the back. I asked around where the jars were and at least 5 people had no clue. The guy that did know was amazingly helpful.
When we went in the back there was a older lady who worked for Lowes who snagged 5 cases of half pints for herself. She was very adiment that she wasnt giving them up.  Sad

I am super excited to get started on my canning adventures. The All American 921 should arrive today.   Grin

Suburban Gardner with a few hand tools in the Florida Parishes. Zone 8b
jlittle

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »

I tried Lowes in Pascagoula and Gautier MS, both were cleaned out. I talked with one of the garden section workers and he said they received the Ball display in Oct and it was all put on clearance just before Christmas. Marking THAT on my calendar for next year!

Joel

MS Coast
3 Acres
John Deere 4110 w/FEL
4' Bush Hog brand tiller
4' JD Bush Hog
42" disc
4' Box Blade
S-tine cultivator
Troybilt rear tine tiller
Hines
Grasshopper

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 09:07:57 PM »

I checked 2 other Lowes and they had nothing. Though I couldn't convince anyone to check the back at those stores. One guy just laughed at me. I'll remember these dates as well, but I won't be shopping at Lowes for anything else. I'll stick to mom and pop places whenever possible.

SETEX_GARDENER
Top Gun

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 06:52:48 AM »

Nothing left at the Sulphur LA Lowe's.  Sad Well, I tried.....

The real test of character is what one does when nobody is watching!
Zone 9
Small Raised Bed Garden 45 x 38
Lumberton, Texas
WAB
Top Gun

Eastern South Carolina - Zone 8a

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 07:27:11 AM »

Sumter,SC store was cleaned out as well.

WAB

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
----  Robert H. Heinlein
pepperman
Top Gun

Mark and Kate

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 08:18:46 AM »

Clay New York cleaned out. Bought a few lids The canner with all its parts was $6.91. Naturally they were cleaned out. Have to watch next year.

MARK

Liverpool New York Troybuilt Tiller 3prong cultivators hand shovels
 ZONE 4  upstate New York
http://peppermansgarden.blogspot.com/
davidjrtx
Top Gun

Zone 8b Willis, Tx

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 08:56:04 AM »

Dang I forgot to go, better head on down though I still got those from last year never hurts to have more at cheap price...

Massey Ferguson 231, Nolt's RB-448 Mulch Layer, Countyline Tiller 6', Leinbach 60" Bedder, Earthway Seeder, Hatfield Transplanter, Countyline Middlebuster, Countyline Subsoiler, Countyline Cultivator, Rhino 60

Willis, Tx
davidjrtx
Top Gun

Zone 8b Willis, Tx

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 10:15:51 AM »

Ok got 4 cases quarts @ 2.34 a case and 7 pints @ 2.22 a case...  Grin

Willis, Tx
AlaRedNeck
Top Gun

Dead Center of Alabama-Zone 7b/8a

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 01:15:09 PM »

Hush yo mouth!!!  Grin

Danny

"The truth is that farmers, as we all are, have no command of money. Our necessaries are all supplied, either from our farms, or a neighboring store. Our produce, at the end of the year, is delivered to the merchant, and thus the business of the year is done by barter, without the intervention of scarcely a dollar; and thus, also, we live with a plenty of everything except money."
-- Letter from Thomas Jefferson To William Duane (1811)
davidjrtx
Top Gun

Zone 8b Willis, Tx

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 01:27:19 PM »

Hush yo mouth!!!  Grin

Danny

Thats all they had, they had already clearanced them on a pallet like last year there by the cash registers up front. I had to ask and these where in the back corner by garden very top shelf had to get the big ladder and get them down...

Willis, Tx
sirhc62
Master Gardener

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 08:17:23 PM »

I went out today and found my deals.

10 cases of wide mouth quart jars @ $1.99 a case
 6 cases of reg. mouth pint jars @ $2.42 a case
 2 cases of Elite pint jars @ $1.15 a case
 1 case of wide mouth lids and bands @ $.88 per box
 1 case of reg mouth quart jars @ $2.42 a case
 2 waterbath canner (complete kits) @ $6.62 per canner
 1 home canning kit @ $2.74 

The only thing I left on at the store was some jar lifters.

I was told that if Walmart has the Ball brand in stock they will price match. So I'm going to print out the lowes page and head there tomorrow and check it out.

Chris

Zone 7b
Click for Oneonta, Alabama Forecast" height="90" width="160
Anyone can drive a tractor but it's no fun plowing without your hoe.
hunts
Master Gardener

SETexas - The Big Thicket!

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 05:47:42 AM »

Nothing left at the Beaumont Tx Lowe's either. grrrrrrrrrrrr

The South East Corner of the Lone Start State!
Saratoga Texas|USDA Zone 8b
Truper  Fiberglass Handle Garden Hoe | Craftsman Front Tine Tiller! | Blood, Sweat & Ice-hot!
Garden Plot 55x65 (small garden!)
arkiegardener
Master Gardener

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 07:05:12 AM »

They were cleaned out here in Fort Smith Arkansas. I had just bought a bunch of canning supplies before Christmas because they were marked down a little but the new sale price tags were still up and man were they cheap. I thought I was getting a deal before that. Guess next year I will visit Lowes on a regular basis during Christmas to stock up.

Lavaca, Ar
Zone 7a
Crysti1980
A Gardener

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 11:31:02 AM »

Joel...you are not far from me. I'll check the Lowes in Mobile, AL at Tillman's Corner on my way home and see what they have. If they still have the canning supplies marked as clearance, I could always pick them up for you and meet you at Lowes or Walmart parking lot in Pascagoula. I'm in Grand Bay, AL and it takes me 10 minutes to get to Lowes in Pascagoula. I'll let you know if I find anything.

Crysti

Zone 8b
Southern Mobile County - Alabama
Hines
Grasshopper

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 02:56:36 PM »

I was told that if Walmart has the Ball brand in stock they will price match. So I'm going to print out the lowes page and head there tomorrow and check it out.

Chris

Walmart will not match internet prices.

From Walmart website http://walmartstores.com/10563.aspx 
We do not honor:

* Ads when the actual price for items cannot be determined.
* Internet pricing
* Misprinted ad prices of other retailers
*"Going out of business" sales or "close out" prices

1tongarden
Top Gun

My little baby's

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 09:48:30 AM »

Hush yo mouth!!!  Grin

Danny
   LOL..I literally am laughing my butt off right now i liked it    "hush yo mouth"!!!     Gosh Dang to dang funny. 

Minnesota  "Land of 10,000 Lakes"   Zone  3/4   1- Hoe   1 - 18"  Poulan pro  reartine tiller  1- Small 12" tiller (for weeds) and 1 hoe  total garden rasberry's and pumpkin patch is about 50x80 or so.
juju_mommy

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 10:44:38 AM »

Glad I saw this post, though it may be cleared out by now. I'm in St. Amant and so as soon as the kids go down for a nap, I'll make a quick run and see if anything is left. Thanks for the tip!!!!
juju_mommy

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 12:29:51 PM »

Ok, yeah they were pretty much wiped out. But got a thing of fruit fresh and some pectin for really cheap. Also, got some houseplants... as if I have room for more... oh well. LOL.
andraa
Grasshopper

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 12:37:11 PM »

Hey guys I have an extra one of the beginnner "Blue Book of Canning" that I picked up at sale. Pick up a couple for family and friends but have one left. Will mail it out at no cost to anyone who can use it. First poster gets it.  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: